This summer, we'll be "Under the Big Top" when the VBC Circus comes to town! Vacation Bible Camp at Plymouth offers a special world of programs and activities from children age 2 through youth entering 9th grade.
Download the 2013 Registration Form here. Completed forms can be turned in at Sunday Fellowship Hour, or forwarded to Julia Rassmann at the Church Office via email or fax (718-624-0331).
Good News about VBC Volunteer Opportunities: Help us create a memorable week of VBC this summer. The Children's Christian Ed Committee is counting on your help. There are many options for volunteering, both weekday, weekend and weeknight, depending on your availability. This is not limited to active Sunday School parents; we welcome all members to commit time to the next generation at Plymouth. Please contact Julia Rassmann, or anyone on Children's Christian Ed, for more information.
Three Programs for Our Young, Very Young and Older Campers:
- Young campers (age 3 through entering 6th Grade) will gather UNDER THE BIG TOP to learn how God works to develop extraordinary skills in us, ordinary people. Five circus acts, one each day, will introduce Bible stories and teach important lessons through music, art projects, skits, activities—and yes, circus skills!
- Plymouth’s youngest kids (the 2-year-olds) can participate in “Nearly Camp” with an adult parent or caregiver, making this a great introduction to big-kid summer camp.
- Older campers (entering Grades 7 through 9) will be volunteering—we're very excited to announce!—with Youth Service Opportunities Project, a local non-profit committed to providing high-quality service projects to help young people understand how even their smallest actions can make a difference in the lives of others.
Registration is now underway. Help us plan for a well-staffed and wonderful week of camp by signing up before the Registration Deadline of June 23. Please note that we are only enrolling registered Plymouth Sunday School children and Youth Group participants.
- Camp Dates: Monday, August 20–Friday, August 24
- Location: The Plymouth Church campus, indoors and out. (Enter and depart through Beecher Garden, Orange Street between Hicks and Henry Streets)
- Schedule: Camp begins at 9:00 a.m. with varying dismissal times based on the camper’s age. Nearly Camp ends at 11:00 a.m. Children ages 3 and 4 are dismissed at 12:00 noon. Children ages 5 and up will be dismissed at 3:00. The youngest children (those leaving at or before noon) are welcome to participate in afternoon playground and water play activities if a parent or caregiver is present and able to provide supervision.
- Camp Fees: The fee for VBC is $125 for the five-day session, $75 for Nearly Camp, with a family maximum of $275.
- Further Information: Release forms and detailed information will be sent to registered families in July.
Need more information? Please contact Julia Rassmann, Director of the Ministry of Families and Children, through the Church Office.